PATRIOT BASEBALL COACHING STAFF
Matt Pullen, Head Coach
Coach Pullen is entering his 9th season as Head Coach of East View High School Patriot Baseball.
He was the Head Coach at 5A Temple High School in 2010. Prior to Temple, Coach Pullen was an Assistant for Danny Wallace at Georgetown High School for seven years, playing a pivotal role in the success of that team. In 2014, Coach Pullen piloted the Patriots to the playoffs in just the program’s 2nd year of Varsity play.
Coach Pullen is a graduate of Taylor High School. He earned All-District honors as a Junior and Senior. He graduated from The University of Mary-Hardin Baylor, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise and Sports Science. He was an All Conference Short Stop three times. In 2000, he was selected as the UMHB Male Senior Athlete of The Year.
Players have learned his pet peeves are long sleeves to prevent injuries, until he says so, and only practice balls in the batting cages. Clean balls are for the field.
Coach Pullen is married to Tiffany- ELAR/Social Studies Coordinator (K-5) for GISD. They have 3 children:
Hannah- 16 a sophomore at EVHS, Ryan- 14 a 8th grader at Wagner MS & Mason-13 a 7th grader at Wagner MS.
Anthony Dominguez, Assistant Coach
- Graduated From Thorndale High School (1995)
- Played Baseball at Blinn College under Kyle Van Hook (1996-1997) and Later transferred to a SWT and played under Howard Bushong (1997-1999).
- Student Coach at Southwest Texas State University (1999-2000).
- Graduated Southwest Texas State University (Texas State University) Fall of 2000
- Coached for 15 Years where he has been a Head Baseball Coach for 11 of those years.
- Previous stints have been at Edna High School 2000-2006 and Jewett Leon High School 2006-2012.
- Will handle Pitchers and Catchers for East View Patriots.
- Married to Syrissa and have a Step-son Colby Lopez (24) and daughter Hayden Dominguez (6)
Eric Gaviglio, Assistant Coach
Coach Gaviglio is in his first season at East View. Before coming to EVHS he taught and coached at Hutto High School and at Phillips Academy in Chicago. Coach Gaviglio grew up in New Jersey and attended Michigan State University where he majored in social studies education. He spent three years teaching and coaching on the south side of Chicago and has been in Texas for about a year and a half. In his free time Coach Gaviglio enjoys being active with his fiancee, Taylor, and dog, Luna